Unlock Taste Competition
The second edition of the annual No.3 London Dry Gin Unlock Taste national cocktail competition will take place this spring. This competition is an opportunity for elite bartenders from some of the country’s most prestigious and popular bars to push the boundaries of cocktail creation. In doing so, we hope to elevate the acceptable to the remarkable and build the reputations of these skilled individuals and the establishments for which they work and, of course, showcase the supreme quality of No.3 London Dry Gin.
Using No.3 London Dry Gin as a base, contestants will be challenged to create three cocktails that will “Unlock Taste” by balancing or accentuating the gin’s unique flavours. These flavours derive from No.3’s six botanicals – juniper, orange peel, grapefruit peel, cardamom, angelica root and coriander seed. The winning cocktails will unlock these botanicals.
Name & Bar
- 50ml no3 Gin
- 20ml nettle and fennel seed cordial
- 3 drops of high iron concentrate oil!
Everyone has brushed there leg against the famous stinging nettle as a child or adult so the idea of this drink is to bring back that memory of when this happened!! With the garnish being a heavy iron concentrated oil will not just give the memory of being stung you will almost feel like your getting stung again!!
- 60ml No.3 Gin
- 10ml Lemon Thyme & Bayleaf Cordial
- 2 dashes Dry Vermouth
- Garnish with citrus essence hydrosol
Stir and strain, and use a Speakeasy glass.
I decided to dedicate my drink to Ms. Bourne, known as the Widow Bourne, which in 1698 she set up a merchant selling in N.3 St James’s Street, where it all began. My drink is a modern twist on a classic Gimlet with hint of fresh citrus and a unexpected touch of fresh herbs which are surprising at the first sip allowing the palate to taste the London N.3 Gin in all itself with a rounded touch of freshness. But what I tried to create is the fact of our guest be directly protagonist of his own drink, due to the Citrus essence Hydrosol which is served on the side and he can "Spray" on the drink as much citrus and dilution as he want to find the perfect balance for every guest. Let`s call it: " Unlocking the taste"
- 50ml No.3 Gin
- 15ml Fig leaves infused Campari
- 15ml Italicus
- 10ml sugar
- 5 dash walnut bitters
- Top Premium English sparkling wine
- 40ml No.3 Gin
- 25ml Cocchi Americano
- 15ml Yuzu Clarification
- 10ml Simple Syrup
- 2 drops Grapefruit Bitter
- Garnish with grapefruit peel
Stirred, and use a Martini glass.
- 40ml N3 gin
- 20ml Cardamon oil fat washed sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes of saline solution
- 2 dashes of grapefruit peel tincture
- Juniper garnish
- 35ml No.3 Gin
- 15ml No.3 Gin citrus infusion ( grapefruit and orange peels)
- 5ml Maraschino liqueur ( infused with dry Lavender)
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Fair Acai Berry Liquor
I have chosen to twist a classic cocktails that in my opinion showcases the Gin in a very nice way, I wanted to highlight the floral notes of the Juniper, and balance it with some citrus and the spicy notes of the coriander with the heartlines of maraschino.
- 40ml No.3
- 25ml Punt e Mrs
- 20ml Amontillado Sherry
- 5 Benedictine
- 6 drops grapefruit bitters
- Tiny pinch of salt
Stirred down and served in a Nick and Nora with an olive.
- No.3 London Dry Gin- 45ml
- Homemade Vermouth - 20ml
- Homemade Syrup w the botanicals from No.3 London Dry - 20ml
- Fresh Lime Juice - 15ml
- Garnish: Viola Flower
Specs: Shake all the ingredients/double strain
The Gin Craze was a period in the first half of the 18th century when the consumption of gin increased rapidly in Great Britain, especially in London. This vibrant and aromatic cocktail allowed us to #unlocktaste that London was feeling in that period of the history. Many people overconsumed gin and the city had a virtual epidemic of extreme drunkenness.
- 40ml No.3 Gin
- 10ml Amontillado Sherry
- 15ml Campari infused juniper
- 15ml Moroccan coriander seeds and Angelica root cordial
-N°3 Gin 40ml -Amontillado Sherry 10 ml -Campari infused juniper 15 ml -Moroccan coriander seeds and Angelica root cordial 15 ml
- 50ml x No3 London Dry Gin
- 35ml x Kaffir Honey Wine
Add ingredients and stirr over ice until correct dilution and temperature has been reached. Serve up in frozen glass.
- 10ml Tiger lemon and rhubarb punch à la Ford
- 35ml of blood orange juice
- 10ml simple syrup
- Pinch of orange wood chips to smoke the glass.
- Rim the glass with nigella seeds.
- Garnish with orange zest
Throw drink 4-5 times and serve over crystal clear ice in smoked old fashioned glass.
Blood and tears No.3 50ml No. 3 Gin 10ml No. 3 Tincture ( earl grey, roasted wheat and barley) 15ml No. 3 botanicals wine reduction (uses all No.3 botanicals) 10ml Tiger lemon and rhubarb punch à la Ford 35ml of blood orange juice 10 ml simple syrup Pinch of orange wood chips to smoke the glass. Rim the glass with nigella seeds. Throw drink 4-5 times and serve over crystal clear ice in smoked old fashioned glass. Rim the glass with nigella seeds. Lean back and enjoy.
- 40ml No3 London dry Gin
- 20ml 30&40 aperitif infused with coffeee beans
- A bar spoon of BBR champagne reduction with Malic acid.
- Apple cracker as a garnish
The drink is Made combining No3 gin with 2 Very important things in the history of Bbr( wine And Coffee ) And the name it comes from the person that first Opened the Bbr
- 50ml No.3 gin
- 25ml mint shrub
- 20ml sustainable lime juice
- 10ml oloroso lustao
Stirred, and use a tumbler glass for serving.
- 50ml No.3 gin
- 10ml cocchi rosa
- 20ml barolo chinato cocchi
- 30ml pickled orange juice
- 5ml sugar syrup
- Rose base garnish
- 40ml No3 London dry Gin
- 10ml Cocchi Americano
- 15ml Belsazar Dry
- 15ml Homemade Rosebud Syrup
- 15ml Homemade Pink Grapefruit shrub
- Rosebud Garnish
- 40 ml N°3
- 60 ml Carrot Falernum
- 20 ml cream
- 15 ml lemon
Filter and clarify
- 60ml London No.3
- 15ml Rosemary-Mint Syrup
- 5ml Strawberry-Balsamico essence
- 5ml D.O.M. Benedictiné
- 20ml Lime Juice
- 40 ml No.3 London dry gin
- 20ml Sauvignon infused with coriander leaf & burned juniper berries and peach(souve 40 degrees for 2 hours)
- 25 ml simple syrup
- Top with citrus soda (orange & grapefruit peel)
Build in ice filled glass,stir and top with citrus soda
- 45 ml gin N3
- 15 ml Drambuie
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 20 ml cardamom and orange syrup
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitter
Muddle cardamoms. Put orange peels and cardamoms in a pan for two minutes then add water bring it to the boiling point in the end adding sugar until is completely dissolved .
- 70 ml london n3 gin
- 5 ml oak bitter
- 5 ml salt and sugar solution
The drink is stirred and serve in a chilled coupette with orange essence zest.
The inspiration comes from the true essence of london n3, this gin is my favorite choice for all the zest martini and this is why I choose a complex style of drink. The idea is to rapresent the taste of the gin with all the topic flavour but being focus on the texture. That’s why I use oak bitter and salt...they can keep your Mouth awake for more time and you can taste better the real flavour of the gin...from here the name.
- No.3 Gin
- Douwe Egberts Coffee
- Stroop (Pancake Syrup)
- Fresh Chilli (muddled) (optional but recommended)
- GarnishMarvin Morgan, BYOC with fruit Hagelslag
- 40ml No3 London dry gin
- 15ml Berry Bros. & Rudd Calvados
- 30ml homemade apple cardamom syrup
- 25ml Fresh squeezed lemon Juice
- 25ml Egg White
- 1 drop of cardamom bitters
- GARNISH: STAR ANISE AND BLACK CARDAMOM
SHAKEN WITH DOUBLE STRAINED
- No.3 Gin
- Pressed Apple Juice
- Pear Puree
- Lemon and Lime
- Blue Curacao
- Garnish with a Tulip leaf
- No.3 Gin - Pressed Apple Juice - Pear Puree - Cointreau - Lemon and Lime - Mint - Blue Curacao - Soda/Tonic Garnished with a Tulip leaf