Passion, Precision, Perfection.
It took Berry Bros. & Rudd (London's oldest wine and spirit merchant, established in 1698) and a team of spirit specialists 730 days to painstakingly refine and create the World’s Best Gin.
The Difference is in the Details
We strive for perfection in every detail.
To meet our exacting standards, we chose a unique 100-year-old, brick-encased copper pot still in Holland, the home of gin.
This allows us to create a pure and clean and create the perfect balance of juniper, citrus & spice.
About the Technicals
Next, we start a refined and unique production process, lovingly created to deliver our world-class gin.
- First, our botanicals are precisely weighed and placed in the still with Ultra Pure Grain Alcohol (80% more pure than standard).
- The following morning the distillation process is started. The foreshots that emerge at the beginning of the run are collected, separated and removed.
- During the second stage, our six botanicals each take centre stage to release their unique flavours. These ‘moments’ are carefully monitored to make sure that we achieve perfection through precision, time after time.
- The Master Distiller collects the ‘heart’ of the distillate. At this stage, it’s 76.5% abv – a potent form of the world-class gin it will soon become.
- We check, re-check and triple-check the gin, using every one of our senses to ensure that the result is nothing short of spectacular.
- Finally, we bring our gin down to a precise 46% abv (not just any random number; carefully selected as the perfect abv for our unique taste) and it’s ready to be packaged, produced and presented.
Throughout the process, we pull our passion and precision together to achieve a product which stands proud as the world’s best gin. Four times, in fact.